Taishan Medical University, located in Taian, Shandong, China, was founded in 1891 as the Huamei Hospital Medical School. Our university was co-founded with Gonghe Medical School in 1903. Taishan Medical University was originally named Medical College of Qilu University in 1903. In 1952, the Medical College of Qilu University merged with Shandong Medical College. In 1970, Shandong Medical College merged with Shandong College of Traditional Chinese Medicine and moved to the Loude district of Xintai, a suburb of Taian. The Loude Branch College of Shandong Medical College was founded in 1974 and then was moved to Taian City in 1979. Its name was changed to the Taian Branch College of Shandong Medical College. With the approval of the State Council in 1981, its name was then changed to Taishan Medical University.
Taishan Medical University covers an area of 200 hectares with a construction area of 770,000 square meters. The university now has fixed assets valued at 1.22 billion RMB including teaching, science and research equipment with a total value of more than 140 million RMB. The students have access to 2,560,000 books including 1,170,000 e-books. The university has one affiliated hospital, 11 non-direct affiliated hospitals and more than 200 practice and internship bases.